Many projects have been undertaken, examples of which include:
- Repainting 19 cells at Hull and 8 at Beverley with 2 coats of emulsion to walls and ceilings and 1 coat of metalshield to the doors
- Internal redecoration at Beverley to the administration office, reception, foyer and corridors and the payments room
- Internal redecoration through application of undercoat and gloss, emulsion and polyurethane varnish at Hull incorporating the main foyer, staircase to Family Court, public waiting areas and circulation areas
- Removing flaking paint and etching van dock floors to all 3 courts via automatic blasting machines
- Full external redecoration to all 3 court buildings including all gates, bollards, CCTV and lampposts, bicycle sheds and fencing
- Redecoration to the brise soleil at Hull Court by application of 1 coat of zinc phosphate primer, 1 coat of metalshield undercoat and 2 coats of metalshield gloss
These orders are received sporadically as the workings of the Courts dictate with some projects requiring to be completed out of normal working hours so as not to disrupt the normal workings of the Courts. A dedicated crew are used who are both familiar with the buildings and the working constraints, and who have the necessary security clearance for such sensitive locations.
Our Branch Office at Richmond, North Yorkshire is responsible for undertaking these works and for providing the risk and COSHH assessments and method statements. Estimating support is provided by our North Lincolnshire Head Office.
To date circa £80,000 of painting has been carried out on these buildings.