These are transported to our factories as a pre-fabricated structure for the coatings to be applied off-site prior to being lifted into position on-site.
At the Tighe factories we specialise in this type of coatings work to these new structures which helps Network Rail to keep the site works to a minimum, thereby negating much of the disruption to rail services which site works would cause.
We have also completed numerous station upgrades across the UK.
Project examples include:
- Vent and chiller room doors destined for Cross Rail for Booth Industries
- Farringdon Station for Bourne Steel
- Gainsborough Station footbridge for Britcon Engineering
- Moorgate Station for Dam Structures, and
- Pipe and Piling Ltd for works to the Great Western electrification project
The Rail sector continues to be a valuable source of work for our factories and we maintain close relationships with all our key clients, whose numbers continue to increase.