These are transported to our factories as a pre-fabricated structure for the coatings to be applied off-site prior to being lifted into position on-site.
At the Tighe factories we specialise in this type of coating work to these new structures which helps Network Rail to keep the site works to a minimum, thereby negating much of the disruption to rail services which site works would cause.
We have also completed numerous station upgrades across the UK.
Project examples include:
- Harrison Engineering - Heath Charnock and Kenilworth Stations
- Murphy Group - Bolton Skylink and Newbury Station
- Britcon - Abbeywood Station and Gainsborough Station footbridge
- Cross Rail projects for Booth Industries
- Midcam Engineering - Grimsby bridge
- Moorgate Station for Dam Structures
- Briton Fabricators - Forest Green Station, Croft Interchange and Churchill Road footbridge
- Bourne Construction - Steel framework to Farringdon Station
- Great Western Electrification works for Pipe & Piling Ltd
The Rail sector continues to be a valuable source of work for our factories and we maintain close relationships with all our key clients, whose numbers continue to increase.