The site supervisor/operatives undertook daily ‘Take 5’ point of work assessment checks before work commenced to identify if any extra safety precautions were required.
The specification called for:
- Scaffold erection and encapsulation prior to grit blasting
- Blast clean to achieve BS7079 A1 Standard Sa2½ (BS EN ISO 8501-1)
- Apply by spray Interseal 670HS to achieve a dry film thickness of 125 mic (wft 160 mic)
- Apply by brush Interseal 670HS colour stripe coat to all edges, welds and bolts/nuts
- Apply by spray Interseal 670HS colour to achieve a dry film thickness of 125 mic (wft 160 mic)
- Apply by spray Interthane 990 colour to achieve a dry film thickness of 50 mic (wft 90 mic)
Prior to work commening, air quality and breathing air purity test certificates were obtained. Health and safety/ environmental/quality site audits and risk assessments were carried out at regular intervals during the work by our NACE/ICorr accredited Paint Inspectors and Nebosh accredited Health & Safety Officers.